- [Ysera] and [Nefarian] are not cards you can replace. They are the heart of the late game. They provide a big pool of new cards that are a game changer. There for can’t be replaced in any way.
- [Chillmaw] can be replaced with taunt minions such as [Sunwalker] or [Sludge Belcher].
- [Twilight Drake] is something you can replace with [Elise Starseeker]. Since this is a minions based deck, it can be a good addition to this deck.
- -1 [Twilight Drake] +1 [Excavated Evil]
- -1 [Twilight Drake] +1 [Shadow Madness]
- -2 [Harvest Golem] +1 [Thoughtsteal] +1 [Entomb]
The best cards to have vs aggro decks are [Northshire Cleric], [Twilight Whelp], [Wyrmrest Agent] and some drake such as [Twilight Drake] or [Twilight Guardian]. Use [Twilight Whelp] on turn 1 and then [Wyrmrest Agent]. Avoid playing [Northshire Cleric] on turn 1 because its an easy target to remove and your opponent will try to stop you drawing cards at any cost. Druid’s [Wrath], Warlocks [Darkbomb], Mage [Frostbolt], Warrior’s [Fiery War Axe] are card that can be played on turn 2 just to remove your [Northshire Cleric]. Try to play [Northshire Cleric] when you have a damaged minion to heal and a Taunt minion to get shielded from direct hits.
After turn 3 [Blackwing Technician] is the best play you have if there is a dragon in your hand.
The whole idea is to stop aggro decks get momentum. Once you do that they are useless. This deck is very good vs aggro decks and since aggro decks are very popular you will easily progress on the ladder.
This deck has many minions and most of them are great mid game minions. This means that you have a pretty good edge vs midrange games. [Twilight Drake] or a [Twilight Guardian] is a standard game play. [Azure Drake] is a good presence on the board but try to use it with [Holy Nova] for a better board removal. [Blackwing Corruptor] is a card to make pressure on your opponent. Dealing 3 damage to a single target or the enemy hero and have a 5/4 minion on the board is an overpowered card when it comes to mid game minions.
Try to play the [Twilight Drake] and [Twilight Guardian] as soon as possible. [Azure Drake] can be played if a taunt minion is already on the board and if you desperately need a card draw. Otherwise it’s best to play it a late game on turn 10 together with [Holy Nova]. Use [Blackwing Corruptor] to nuke enemy minions. Try to use his ability wisely. If you have a taunt minion its not a bad idea to have it on the board.
If you are dealing against very powerful late game minions, these are some of the options you have in order to deal with them:
[Shadow Word: Death] is the only spell you can use in a late game. If an enemy minion has more then 7 attack and or above 5 health don’t hesitate to use it. NUKE FIRST then ASK QUESTIONS.
The late game offers you 3 legendary minions to play with.
[Chillmaw] is a minions that offers protection so its not wise to play it if you have a good amount of midrange minions with or no taunt on the board. If you have a board control then its not wise to play [Chillmaw] just because you have the mana for.
[Nefarian] is the perfect choice if you are controlling the situation. If you have minions with taunt and you are confident that you won’t get wrecked, play it with no hesitation. You will have a powerful minion on the board that will pressure your opponent and 2 awesome spells from the enemy class ready to be used in your favour. The better word for a [Thoughtsteal] and a 8/8 minion all in one is a “Great Deal”.
[Ysera] is from my point of view the best weapon you have. Gaining dream cards every turn is the perfect late game. Since this is a good deck with a lot of early and midgame minions, all you need is some good late game minions and spells. And who fits better in the page then [Ysera].
- [Dream] is a card that is great against legendary minions such as [Tirion Fordring], [Mal'Ganis], [Maligos] and many more. The advantage of this cards is the 0 mana cost. Imagine how big is the loss of 8 or 9 or 10 mana minion returned to its owner hand. It’s the equivalent of a lost turn and that is very important because a lost turn in a late game often means a lost game.Its great vs taunt minions that defend your opponent. That way your opponent is open to direct hits.
- [Nightmare] is a great card to buff a minion for 5/5. Great way to go for the face or destroy a minion.
- [Ysera Awakens] is my favourite dream card. It can deal damage to your hero but it’s a great spell to clear the whole board and make damage to the opposing hero.
- [Laughing Sister] is probably the worst dream card. Its immune to spells but the 3/5 minions is no match for late gameplay.
- [Emerald Drake] is a great overpowered minion of 7/6 that you get for 4 mana. The card is a dragon, so it can trigger the dragon synergies for other minions in your hand. Even if you played all of your dragons, [Ysera] can still grant you some more.