Recipe for Classic Warlock includes cards only from Classic and Basic sets, so in current ladder it’s like everyone’s decks are on steroids and yours is not. However, winning with this deck is possible, at least on lower ranks, and enjoyment of defeating opponent ,who played all those fancy new spells and minions, and still could do nothing about that Doomguard that you top-decked, is quite something.
The original list from Blizzard included [Leeroy Jenkins] which seems out of place for this budget deck because of the dust cost of 1600. You can subsitute for [Doomguard] instead for only 100 dust and that will reduce the total dust cost for this deck to 780. But if you already have Leeroy in your collection I would use it over the Doomguard.
Lots of intro for a deck that I’m not sure you could achieve Rank 5 with (Rank 10 is definitely possible with some grind and luck in matchups). But, there are important points I will share about this deck. The playstyle, is fairly simple:
- Empty your hand in first 4-5 turns if it is possible
- Then play off double topdeck, using Life Tap;
- Trade only with minions you can’t leave on board even for a single turn ([Flamewaker], [Knife Juggler], [Secretkeeper], [Mana Wyrm], [Wild Pyromancer], etc). Don’t bother to trade with creatures that can’t grow in size or do extra damage, because your deck have only limited window, before AOE spells can be used, to take opponent’s HP below 10 points.
- Your firepower is limited, so don’t prolong games you know you’re not going to win. Concede when you lose all hope of winning even if it will take other side several tuirns to finish you off. Changing gears is the most helpful skill you can get from playing this deck.
- Reach Level 10 to unlock all of the Basic cards for this class.
- Have 780 Dust for crafting cards.